Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Retention again

While rounding out Passive Recruitment I can't help but look (way) ahead to Part III on retention. When I wrote about this previously I was stumped as to what it would include. But now I think I have a better idea. Retention in this context comes in three forms:
  • Retaining freshman excitement between pledging and the formal end of Rush
  • Retaining freshman energy between the formal end of Rush to the formal start of pledge program
  • Retaining freshman interest from the start of pledge program to its end
(Buzzwords subject to change. Maybe I can make some fun acronym out of them. No? Too corny?)

Part III will never be about the details of pledge period; from a recruitment perspective it's just a means to an end. So I don't plan on spending any time on outlining the ideal pledge period, although elements discussed could be included in one.

Another tricky thing will be generalizing this for those fraternities that don't pledge. Or maybe I'll just do a separate section on that.

I suppose what I mean by "retention" should be added to definitions, too...

No comments: