The five questions of recruitment chapter is draft ready, more or less. There are a few things I'd like to go over, but other than that it's done. Now I get to move on to this chapter on recruitment unpredictability.
Technically, I've been moved-on for a few days already. The previous version of this chapter (written years ago) was terrible, so I killed it and more or less started from scratch. But I still wasn't happy with this. At all. So just now I stepped backed and asked, "What am I trying to say here?" I found my answer and realized that the previous re-do was also garbage, so I killed that as well. So now I'll try a third time...
What is recruitment unpredictability? It's all those random and spontaneous factors that show up which can totally derail a recruitment effort: When other chapters play dirty. When a freshman suddenly has a change of heart. When parents become problems. This chapter discusses these, and then goes into ways we can try to mitigate their effects.
This may be more theoretical than the previous chapter. But it could be fun. We'll see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment